How to Sell Online Courses
How to Sell Online Courses
If you plan to sell online courses, here are salient tips about online courses that you need to know before going into marketing and selling them. First is to determine if the course content created is valuable to a target customer by finding out from answering these questions: what do these customers want to learn, why do they need to learn, is it to gain a certification to advance their careers or is it to learn an essential skill which will help them improve their prospects. Or better still, you might want to hang on forums, which deliberate on the course topic, where you can envision your prospective customers from the attendees. This is just to obtain valuable insights so you'll have a good picture on how to sell to them online.
Try to differentiate the offer of the online e-Learning platform by offering a learning path, like a series courses that have a practical progression and can bring the e-learners on an interesting and clear learning journey. Therefore, for the online course to sell, the contents must be compelling, interactive using video, audio and images. For as long as the formats conform to SCORM standards, provide your prospective customers with choices on what platforms are being offered.
To market online courses, evaluate by using these valuable tips as your standard guides.
1. The marketplace for your online courses must be a dedicated website. This means creating a website for your elearning marketplace courses where solely the website is dedicated to it. By doing so, you give the opportunity for SEO to bring customers to your courses.
2. Create a blog which is an indirect way of marketing your online courses and be sure that you are using relevant keywords.
3. Since there is a huge following in social media and a potentially large market place for online businesses, therefore, it is also important to build your presence on social media and, thus, building your search engine rankings. You can start with a fan page on Face Book and create a Twitter or Instagram accounts for your online courses. As much as possible share contents that will of interest to you target customers. Be interactive in social media, like doing everything for your followers/viewers to keep them engaged.If you want to learn more about online learning, you can visit http://www.ehow.com/how_5613389_college-courses-online.html.
4. Another marketplace which is of value is to put your online course through a course search engine. By doing this, these sites can affiliate with you by marketing your online courses through channels where your courses can get noticed.
5. When you have closed on a deal, encourage your customers to write reviews, testimonials of your courses. In this manner, your online courses' presence will increase its rankings at the SEO site, but more importantly is that the feedback can help you get motivated to improve on your course content and format and come up with better and interesting online courses the next time around.